This tour addresses people who are seeking for interesting information about the city scattered by tastings of three different traditional beers in selected rustic brewhouses.
We start together in front of the Cologne Cathedral which has been added to the UNESCO World Heritage List. Be amazed by its greatness! Next we go on to the Alter Markt in order to visit the brewhouses.
Let’s get in touch with the special mentality of the Cologne people who are known for their passion fpr carnival and for being highly open-minded and friendly.
Our tourguide shows you the right drinking patterns and explains more about the special culture of the city. The guide is also willing to provide you with his personal survival tips for Cologne so that you are perfectly prepared for your stay in the city.
Moreover, we lead you to popular spots such as the „Hennes am Dom“ as well as the „Heinzelmännchenbrunnen“ and other interesting historical sites. Cologne is not only full of great brewhouses but also of a variety of small kiosks, the so called „Büdchen“.
The tour is providing you answers next to others to the following questions:
– Why is „Kölsch“ much better then „Altbier“?
– What means Köbes, Kranz, Pittermännchen and Halve Hahn?
– What is worse than the pest and protestants?
– How much does the Cologen Cathedral cost?We visit three of the following brewhouses:
– Gaffel am Dom – the oldest monumet at „Alter Markt“ with rusticambience
– Brauhaus FRÜH – the largest brewhouse of the city
– Brauhaus Sion – thanks to Hans Sion Kölsch is still brewed!
– Peters Brauhaus –one of the newest breweries in Cologne
– Brauhaus „Sünner im Walfisch“ – Sünner is known for Cologne traditionamongst beer-experts
– Brauhaus en d’r Salzgasse – the former brewery „Zur Täsch“